Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell: * Soil Conditioner * Stall & Pen Freshener * Non-Toxic
* Ag Lime
Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell:
* Soil Conditioner
* Stall & Pen Freshener
Five Outstanding Reasons Why Oyster Shell Calcium Gives Superior Ag Liming Results:
1. High calcium carbonate analysis
Guaranteed minimum calcium carbonate 96%
Guaranteed minimum calcium 36% (typically 38% - 39%)
Moisture content less than 1% (average .2%)
2. Sized specifically to cause a timed release of calcium
1/3 fine particles to produce a rapid pH change (-325 - 200 mesh)
1/3 medium particles to replace calcium as it is leached out or taken up by the plant or turf during
the growing season (100 to 60 mesh)
1/3 coarse partices to provide a long-term source of calcium (40 to 20 mesh)
Approximately 55 lbs. per Cu. Ft.
3. Particle shape and texture
Oyster shell calcium is formed in thin, delicate layers that readily break down into flake-shaped particles.
The porosity and irregular shape of the shell exposes an immense surface area that reacts with acids in the soil.
The oyster shell particles anchor themselves in the soil and resist leaching.
4. Oyster shell is produced by a living organism. Calcium formed in this non-crystalline state is more easily dissolved and utilized by the soil and plant.
5. Supplies additional plant growth requirements
Ten other important nutrients and micronutrients are found in oyster shell.
Read our Material Safety Data Sheet - click here.